Thursday, April 16, 2020

4 Tips for Travelling in India | Go Beyond the Cities


4 Tips for Travelling in India | Go Beyond the Cities

Hello guys!!! This is Arun here and you're reading another Blog by Travel Lovers. Travel in India can be pretty inexpensive if you know the right places to go and get 4 tips for travelling in India. India travelling could be the most enriching experience of your life. India has everything that a traveler looks at wish for. And the best part is a trip to that here you can get tips for travelling in India like Communication, Health and Medicines, travel sources etc. I've been rolling out the blog for India. I thought I'd go ahead and start my travel survival article. This is going to be a pretty fit one where I have shared 4 tips for travelling in India, though India is seeing is to be one of my favorite countries. It’s huge you can travel the entire country and you're always going to  see something a little different; beaches, desert, mountain ranges, canals and waterways etc.

There is total population of 1.2 billion people. There are two main languages that are spoken in India the first one is Hindi the secondary language is English. However there are actually 21 different languages in India and so it's very possible that even Indians when they transverse their own country come across language barriers and have difficulty understanding each other. Support that idea is the fact that India doesn't have just one cinema industry it has something like eleven Bollywood, Molly wood, Hollywood, Punch wood, Gujarati, Bengali and the list kind of goes on and that was just my opening line.

1. Trip Planning Advise

Obviously the country is big and traveling it can take some time, one of my biggest tips is to always pad your travel days. I usually like to pad at least a day or day and a half for my travel time and that's because it's allowing everything from the actual duration of my trip to the possibility that the train or bus might break down in the process or it might arrive late. Unless you're able to hire a driver rent a car or hop on a tour it's highly unlikely that you're going to be able to keep two very tight schedules.

As May 2016 supposedly foreigners were able to book advance travel online through their India railway system. I'll eventually come out with a written guidepost with all with more details added in. That means you go to the website you sign up for an account and supposedly you're able just start booking. But with India there always tends to be just a little bit of a snag in the most recent past the workaround for travelers was that if you couldn't book online in your railways website you would also open an account on clear trip or make my trip and merge your accounts together and book it from here. The good thing about clear trip and make my trip there are both websites that India uses to book travel, they both allow you to see schedules for long distance buses trains and Airlines. Other than that booking onward travel is easy when you're already in India and that's because there are so many travel agents out there who are willing to help you book your trip.

4 Tips for Travelling in India

I tell them what times I need to be at a certain place and they will go ahead and find me the right schedules or give me options. Usually the commission that they make off it is very little it probably less or equivalent to what I'm going to pay in a credit card fee for booking online. It’s also preferred because a lot of times I'm changing my travel dates because, maybe I find that I like staying in that city and I want still a little longer. The only time that I would ever book my travel in advance is when it's train travel during a festival or during a time that I know there's like it's a public holiday and I know that trains might get booked very quickly. I mean you have 1.2 billion people to compete with.

2. Getting Around

Long distance transportation options will be you can take a flight, railway, government bus or long distance bus, hire driver rent-a-car as well as take a tour. In terms of airline carriers the popular ones tend to be India air, Kingfisher, Jet Airways and the two that I use this past trip for budget travel were indigo and Spice Jet. The airlines carriers in India tend to be pretty good I took a few flights and they range today we're from like $30 to I think $80 was the most that I paid I think. The common transportation that a lot of travelers use happens to be the railway system and it's because it's consistent and convenient. Sometimes people travelers like to use the sleeper class trains can book an overnight berth. Overnight words help save on time and when you travel however sometimes they can be scheduled in kind of hours you might leave late at night and you might arrive early in the morning. 

4 Tips for Travelling in India

Now as a female solo traveler for me may be that's not so smart that I booked those trips however, because I am usually hurrying and I want to make the most of my schedule I am booking those trips. I generally like to stay in third class and sleeper and that's because I like the fact that it's only got a fan a ceiling fan and open air windows and that just I like that kind of circulation. I think about the sleeper class is that because it's a little more public if you leave late at night you might arrive to your berth and find someone sleeping in there and you just kind of have to push them off, the higher classes have AC, they have more like four berths versus six. You're going to Indians that have a little bit more money like businessman families.

4 Tips for Travelling in India

Long distance buses are probably the least favorite form of long distance travel that I take not because I don't find them safe it's just that I find them highly uncomfortable. There are different types of long distance buses, one is a long distance bus, the other one is like a VIP tourist bus it's supposed to be better they're like sleeper berths, the next one is a government bus regular public bus that travels from state to state and they make all the local stop snow. If I had to choose between the three I probably choose either the regular long distance bus or the government bus stand not the VIP bus. In the very beginning I took the VIP bus a couple of and one I've tried the overnight birth that birth is like less than a twin sized bed. If you're traveling with someone there's a likelihood that person is going to get booked with you on that sleeper bed, it might fit to Indian men but in terms of two women or a couple it might be a little bit of a squish.

4 Tips for Travelling in India

The next time I booked a VIP bus it was in are clinger chair when you recline the person in front of you reclines also and they're almost in your lap that wasn't a pervert way for me to travel at all. If I had to compare the VIP bus to the government bus the government possible is actually a lot more comfortable and even though it's metal seats it's all open air people are going in and out so it might be crowded at one point then it might get very sparse. The only drawback is that you don't know when the bus driver is actually going to take his bathroom break and if he's going to take one in all the cases the buses don't wait for you so if you're late then too bad, so if you're going to take the bus always be on time if you're going to go off the bus for anything always take your valuables with you. In the past I've seen the bus leave even though passengers were still there and I've seen like Indian passengers run and hit the bus to kind of like stop the bus.

3. Communication

India the Wi-Fi the internet situation is actually pretty good. Their infrastructure isn't so bad, there the speeds are pretty quick internet cafes in India are still very common you will see many of them around and this is perfect for the tourist that doesn't bring their laptop or a computer along with them. A lot of times the computers there will be a little old-school the internet might be a little slow and you'll pay per minute they can also make copies there for anything you might need in terms of printing out your flights and stuff. If you want a quick speed then the next option would be to get an Indian SIM with a data plan.

4 Tips for Travelling in India

Whenever I'm in India I always get an Indian SIM and that allows me to communicate make calls to guesthouses to see if there's availability as well as these days set my mobile device up as a hot spot so that I can surf the internet on my laptop. If you didn't get an Indian sim and you need to make local calls there aren't payphones in India but you might see STD shops. If you're from the US or Western country then the term STD means a different thing to you in India STD shops are kind of like an abbreviation for being implemented in calls. I think you okay either permit proper call.

4. Health and Medicine 

I thought I'd go ahead and do a health section and that's because people are always afraid of getting sick in India. India is known as a country that's growing in medical tourism you'll always find doctors you'll always find pharmacies as well as hospitals in big cities. They also are big in Ayurveda medicine now not saying they won't have regular antibiotics they do, but they also practice arrogating medicine even though it's all-natural I wouldn't underestimate the power of them. 

4 Tips for Travelling in India

This is like a practice that's gone on for hundreds of years you can heal somethings that Western medicine can't heel.

So hopefully this Article was helpful for you then do subscribe my blog to get interesting blogs. And don’t forget to comment below.

0 comments: