Tuesday, April 28, 2020

Online flight booking | International flight booking, Flight booking secrets

Online flight booking | International flight booking, Flight booking secrets

In this article I am going to show you how you can find the cheapest flights online no matter where you are going. I am going to show you my personal booking techniques and a super-secret book tool you probably haven’t heard of yet which potentially can save you hundreds to thousands of dollars on your next trip. 

My name is Arun! I am a travel blogger, in the past few months I have traveled to Bangkok, Bali, Cape Town, London, and Munich all over the world. Because we travel so much, I developed a booking technique that saves us a ton of money every time we fly. In the past year I have booked almost one hundred flights online. And I’m going to share all me tricks with you today. Not only am I going to show you how to book cheap economy and coach but also how to get cheap business class and first class flights. Using the tricks I am going to give you today you are never going to overpay for a flight ever again. So if you are wanting to save money on airline tickets or trying to put together a luxury vacation - this article is for you.

Online flight booking

So before I get started with my booking tricks I want to ask you to smash that subscribe to my website. I am a daily blogger and love to travel whole world always on the go and I have fun upbeat travel blogs and daily blogs.

When talking about how to fly cheap there are a few factors that you have to consider.

One of them is where you are traveling from and where you are traveling to and how flexible are you with your departure airport and destination airport. The second thing is how flexible are you with your date of travel. The more flexibility the easier it is to find cheap airline tickets. Another key factor to finding cheap flight is actually to find the best booking sites. But really the secret to cheap flights is combining all of those factors into one magic booking strategy. If you want to fly cheap you’ve got to be smart. So as I mentioned flexibility when booking airline tickets is one of the key factors in actually succeeding in finding the cheapest flights. That in term means finding the best booking sites means finding the most flexible booking sites. There are some good options out there like flights.google.com or kayak.com. They let you enter 3-5 departure air ports and 3-5 destination airports and you can be fairly flexible on the travel date. But for what we are looking for that is not good enough.

Online flight booking

Also many of the booking sites don’t show you all of the airfares because some of the fares are so discounted that the booking site wouldn’t get any commissions any more. So found another secret to cheap airfare. Finding those fares that not even the booking sites have. Well I stumbled upon a website that combines all those factors into one beautiful packet and I am going to show it to you right now. So the website I want to show you guys is ITA software matrix which is actually powered by google now. So what you are going to do is go to matrix.itasoftware.com. So this is the site that is going to come up and actually this whole website is pretty self-explanatory but I am going to give you a quick overview.

Let’s say I want to fly from Miami to Vienna. I put in the departure Airport which is Miami and then the destination airport Vienna. No I don’t have a set travel date that I need to be in Vienna just for this example let’s take the 1st May. So I will go to outbound date.1st of May 2017 and I can say departure on this day only. So let’s stick with that. And I want to fly back on let’s say the 7th of May. I’m just going to leave it at one adult. Cabin the cheapest ticket available. Although I could choose premium economy, business class or first class.

Online flight booking

Now then I can define how many stops I should have on this travel. The stops actually mean how many layovers are there going to be on this trip. I am going to leave it at no limit. So when I hit search the software takes a while because it is going through a ton of different flight routes and flight options. it takes two or three minutes just leave it be it will find the results don’t try tore fresh the page or anything because you will lose the fares that you found so far. So here we have the first results. The cheapest flight it found was $ 1,025 with TAP Portugal which flies from Miami to Vienna via Lisbon. I don’t know that’s not too cheap usually I am able to book business class for that price. For economy I am sure we can do better. Let’s go and tweet our settings a little bit.

Now I told you the more flexibility you have the cheaper your tickets are going to be. So what I’m going to do is I am going to see what airports would be OK for me to depart from and which airport would be OK to fly to. The software actually has a great tool built right into it. If you go here and click on nearby next to Miami you can see which airports are located in a vicinity of 75 miles. No you can set that value to anything you want. I am going to go to - let’s say - 200 miles. So right there it is showing me a ton of airports. And I am going to say Ft. Lauder dale is OK for me West Palm Beach is OK for me. Bahamas not so much. Alternatively you could just select all airports if you like. Let’s give that a bash. 

So now you see it brought in all the airport codes right into this field here. Now let’s go to the destination. Now I now Vienna in general is a very expensive airport. So let’s see what alternatives we have. Now because it’s Europe there are a ton of airports you could fly to and the trip from that airport to Vienna is only going to be very short. Train fares are very cheap in Europe so that’s a good alternative. So just to try this out I am going to select all again and bring this to my search field. As now as I said I am fairly flexible on this trip. I don’t have any set dates where I have to be anywhere I can still plan ahead which you also should do when you are planning avocation.

So I can say instead of search exact dates I want to see calendar of lowest fares. So when I click on this I can say the earliest day I want to depart is May 1st and I can define the length of stay. So I said I want to stay for 7 days but I would be able to stay 7-10 days, so I put in7-10 days. Again it's going to be one adult flying. Cheapest available no limit on the stops and search this. Now this search is going to take substantially longer than the first search because now he is searching through thousands of routes and this might take up to ten minutes. So I'm going to grab an espresso and come back. 

Al right that went faster than I thought I didn't even have time to get my espresso. But now the computer has shown us a calendar of cheapest fares. And look at that - now we have a price of $612 vs. $1,025 that’s a 40% that’s more than 40% discount to the previous. So now I can just go and click on this airfare and it will show me which airport it actually picked out for us. But now when I look at that in detail the price went down even a little bit more. The cheapest price we have right now is $572 that almost $500 cheaper than the regular fare we found. Now the airports its showing me is flying from Miami to FCO and FCO is actually the airport in Rom, now Rom is just a little bit too far away, I think the train ride is somewhere between 6 and 7 hours. I am not really going to want to travel that far away so let’s look at the other option sit shows me. Right here I found a flight for $712 from Miami to Prague and Prague is just 2 hours away from Vienna. So that’s perfect. 

Online flight booking

So if I book this ticket I've saved a ton of money on this flight. Now let’s say the airports that you picked dare too far away you can always still go back and modify your search a little bit. You can delete the airports and define airports yourself. So you can say I want to go Miami, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando and Tampa for example. And destination airport I want Vienna, Munich, Salzburg. We can increase the flexibility by a little bit. Just to get a cheaper flight. So here he seems to have found a flight for $699 let’s see where that’s from. Excellent so this flight is from Miami to Prague and then back again from Prague to Miami.

There are still a few options you can look into. There are different flight times, there are different stop overs, and there are different airlines. Just pick whatever you like most or which is the most convenient for you. And then you click on the price. Now this going to bring up a page that has the summary of all the booking details, all the flight details. But you can't actually book your flight on this website. What you are going to have to do is either try and fined the flight with these exact dates on flights.google.com, kayak.com or Expedia.

You could try going to your local travel agent and booking it with them or what you can do is I have another super cool tool it’s a second website which is called bookwithmatrix.com. They way this works is you take your fare code which is in here. You just click anywhere on the website press ctrl+a on a windows computer copy everything you selected and paste it into this website. Now this is going to show you the whole flight itinerary and you can go and book this flight with price line directly. So once you have done that put in all your details on the booking site, book your flight and - you know what for that money that you saved on that flight invest more in your hotel or invest in food or invest in good drinks or coffee.

Leave me a comment. Let me know if you have any other travel hacks or travel tricks that you want to share. If there are any questions that you have don't be shy leave them in the comments section down below - that’s what is there for. Good bye I am going to book myself the next flight here.

0 comments: